Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Comments on other blogs

After a stressful start to this midterm week I came across the perfect blog to set my mind at ease for a bit. In  Jackie's blog post about travel PR, she highlighted fantastic points. Public Relation Professionals are great communicators. They know how to maintain good relationships with people as well as keep people happy, so what better job to get involved with then working in travel PR. In travel PR, professionals work to enhance our vacations the best they can. When planning a vacation, a lot of thought and research goes into it. You are not only making a dent in your savings account, but you want to make sure that every penny you spend is worth it. Travel PR professionals make sure that every minute of your vacation is full of options. After studying abroad last semester, I could definitely see myself going into Travel PR.

The second blog that I looked at was Sam Greitzer's about the new hit movie "The Social Network". This blog appealed to me because the movie honestly changed my perspective on life. I left the movie having complete motivation to do something spontaneous. I wanted to change the world, create the next big thing, do SOMETHING that would make me famous that looking at now, seems so silly, like Facebook.

Sam talks about how Facebook is the 2nd most popular website in the United States under Yahoo. To think that an idea, that started out as Facemash (a website comparing pictures of girls) and resulted in the 2nd most popular website in the U.S is absolutely outrageous! The fact that all it took was some unobtrusive research to figure out what students like Mark Zukerberg desired and would think is "cool", makes me think that unobtrusive research must have been used decades ago as well. 

Reading my fellow classmates blogs has really shown me how often PR research is used. Come to think of it I can't think of a time when research is not used!

No comments:

Post a Comment