Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pandora - Researching New Music

   Every day thousands of people go on Pandora to find new music based on their old and current favorites. You simply type in an artist, song or genre and Pandora will start a channel with songs and artists that have musical qualities similar to what you posted.
  I am a huge music buff. I am the type of person when asked, "What type of music do you like" I respond with "Everything", and actually mean it. I am constantly looking for new ways to find or "research" new music, and by using Pandora I am conducting my own unobtrusive research. Pandora is a very popular site used by many people not only on their computers, but on their phones as well.
  Musicians can also use this as a way to see what popular channels Pandora has and judge how well they think they are doing in their careers. They can also use Pandora to figure out what other bands or musicians they should team up with on tours.
  Another benefit to Pandora is ratings. The site allows you to rate if you like a song by pressing a thumbs up or thumbs down symbol. It will then readjust the type of songs it gives you so they are not similar to the songs you dislike. This website is a simple research tool for all music lovers and musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment